Are You Like Most Homeowners in Orange County?
If you are, you probably have not hired a Roofing Contractor in the Last 10 Years and you are not sure what Questions to ask before hiring a roofing professional
Most homeowners in Orange County only hire a roofing contractor every 10 years or more and many aren’t sure what questions to ask to ensure they hire a professional residential roofing company.
Unfortunately, some roofing contractors will say just about anything to land a new roof installation or roof repair project.
It is a smart idea to ask very specific questions and to ask the roofing contractor to support their answers with the appropriate documents.
If asking a lot of questions seems like a hassle, it is a lot better to do this up front then to end up hiring a roofing contractor who demands more money once your roof is torn off and bad weather is in the forecast.
These questions will provide you with significant information about the roofing contractor’s reputation, policies, procedures, and experience.
Reputation and Stability of the Roofing Contractor
- Are you licensed in California as a roofing contractor and will you provide me with your license number?
- What is your primary business classification for workers compensation insurance?
- Will your insurance agent send me your insurance certificate directly?
- How many local client references do you normally offer?
- What professional organization(s) of roofing contractors do you belong to?
- Have you ever filed for bankruptcy for any roofing company or organization in which you were an owner?
Experience, Operations and Policies
- How long have you been installing new roofs and making roof repairs in Orange County?
- What percentage of your business is roofing projects for homeowners?
- How many residential roofing projects have you completed in Orange County in the past 10 years?
- Do you or any of your crew members hold certifications from major roofing manufacturers?
- How will you protect my landscaping during the project?
- What percentage of your business comes by referral?
- Do you hire part-time employees or subcontractors?
- Do you have a written policy prohibiting drug and alcohol use by your crews?
Service and Follow-up
- Will you provide me with a written warranty?
- How many hours a day are you reachable on your mobile phone?
- Do you provide a fixed price guarantee?
- How much of a deposit do you require when I sign your agreement?
- Do you accept credit cards?
We hope these questions give you the information you need to make the best choice when it comes to hiring, evaluating and working with a professional roofing contractor.
If you need a new wood shake, wood shingle, asphalt shingle, clay tile, concrete tile or hot mop roof it is possible for your new roof to be installed properly without surprise charges, hassles or poor quality that are all too common in the roofing industry.
Our 10-Year Warranty on Installation is unique. Other companies will charge extra for this protection or you have to call the manufacturer if you have a problem.
We look forward to answering your questions about your roofing needs.
Galla-Rini Roofing is a great company for Roofs. They do what they say and say what they do and are very honest! They don’t sell you a brand new roof if all you need is a repair. I highly recommend Galla-Rini Roofing! They are always on time, and are beyond fair! Price-wise….you get what you pay for and they stand behind their warranty! If you need a Roof…trust Galla-Rini as they are THE best!
– Take care, Tammy Tetzlaff – TNG Real Estate Consultants